A little self-education goes a long way. If you would like to learn more about neurofeedback, there are a wealth of resources available.
If you are new to neurofeedback, the book A Symphony in the Brain is a great introduction to the field. If you would like more information on a particular condition, you will find the relevant books, links, and articles in the goals section.
If you have a professional interest in neurofeedback, Neurofeedback and Neuromodulation Techniques and Applications gives a good overview of the different approaches to neurofeedack.
- Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma Seaburn Fisher
- Childhood Disrupted Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- The Body Keeps the Score (transforming Trauma) Bessel Van Der Kolk
- A Symphony in the Brain: The Evolution of the New Brain Wave Biofeedback Jim Robbins
- Neurofeedback: Transforming Your Life with Brain Biofeedback Clare Albright
- The Neurofeedback Solution: How to Treat Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Brain Injury, Stroke, PTSD, and More Stephen Larsen
- Healing Young Brains: The Neurofeedback Solution Hill and Castro
- Autism, ADHD & Neurofeedback: 6 Powerful Strategies to Increase Your Child’s Peak Performance Lisa Enneis LMFT and Teresa Lauer LMHC
For further reading and in-depth neurofeedback studies and research.
- Getting Started with Neurofeedback John N. Demos
- Quantitative EEG, Event-Related Potentials and Neurotherapy Juri Kropotov
- Developmental Disorders: A Neuropsychological Approach David Freides
- Cognition, Brain, and Consciousness: Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience Bernard J. Baars and Nicole M. Gage
- Neurofeedback and Neuromodulation Techniques and Applications Robert Coben and James R. Evans
- Handbook of Neurofeedback: Dynamics and Clinical Applications Evans James
- Introduction to Quantitative EEG and Neurofeedback James R. Evans and Andrew Abarbanel
- The Neurofeedback Book: An Introduction to Basic Concepts in Applied Psychophysiology Michael Thompson
- Evidence-Based Practice in Biofeeback and Neurofeedback Carolyn Yucha
- Military Neuropsychology Carrie H. Kennedy and Jeffrey Moore
- Complementary Therapies in Neurology: an Evidence-Based Approach: An Evidence-Based Approach to Clinical Practice Barry Oken
- Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide Frank Andrasik and Mark S. Schwartz
- Handbook of Mind-Body Medicine for Primary Care Dr. Donald Moss, Dr. Angele V. McGrady, Dr. Terence C. Davies and Dr. Ian Wickramasekera
Comprehensive neurofeedback sites
Neurofeedback sites for professionals and certification bodies, giving an extensive overview of neurofeedback practice, research, and additional links.
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
- Biofeedback Foundation of Europe
- Society of Applied Neuroscience
Acknowledgement of source: https://brainworksneurotherapy.com/research-area